Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Love peanut butter? Then you’ll love this easy peanut butter cookie recipe. Don’t fret if you’ve made cookies before but not with peanut butter. It’s basically just one more ingredient. Peanut butter cookies act as a great baking ‘starter’ recipe for those who want to venture a bit further into baking. It fun and easy to make and in less than a half hour, you’ll be enjoying the sweet satisfaction of eating your own warm and delicious peanut butter cookies.
Heck, even grandma will be knocking on your door sneaking a few cookies off the baking sheet before they cool!
Yield: Serves 8
- 1.25 cups flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, sift the flour, pushing stubborn the remaining chunks through the sifter with your fingers.
- Sift in the baking powder.
- Add salt.
- Slightly soften the butter for easier mixing.
- In a second bowl, add the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Fluff the mixture together until it is creamy, then crack in an egg and vanilla and continue to beat it in.
- Add the first bowl of flour into the second bowl of peanut butter.
- Continue to mix until the dough becomes stiff. Add more flour if necessary.
- Seal and chill the dough for 30 min.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- After 30 min, take the dough out and start rolling up 1 inch balls.
- Flatten them into cookies on parchment paper or some non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake the peanut butter cookies for 10 min or until light brown.