KFC Coleslaw Recipe
Manfood being Manfood, venture out to the fast-food establishment quite more often than admit. One of these quick dining experiences Manfood enjoy is local Kentucky Fried Chicken joint. As long as Manfood can remember since a wee cub, Manfood is always order the KFC coleslaw as a side since it so yummy. And sometime when Manfood is confined to abode, Manfood like to replicate same yummy KFC coleslaw with this recipe.
It may have surprising element like buttermilk and lemon juice, but trust Manfood, recipe taste just like real KFC coleslaw from real KFC drive-thru window delivered by real bumpy-face KFC employee, braces and all. It that similar. You try now.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 cups (1 head) of finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/3′ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Mix chopped cabbage and shredded carrots in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the sugar, mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper together. Use a wire whisk and whisk until the dressing is smooth. Optionally you can use a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cabbage and carrot mix into the dressing, a handful at a time and mixing thoroughly in between. This makes sure the dressing is consistently spread otherwise it is hard to mix if you pour it all in at once.
- Cover and chill in a refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.